Hot Fashion Trend Alert for Women

Posted by TheCanvasGrey on October 25, 2007

TREND:  Women wearing their PJs (pajamas) to the store.

THE RULES:  You may NOT wear baby dolls, gowns or house coats…that is tacky and what mama would wear.  It must be a shirt or hoodie with PJ bottoms and slippers!!!!

My dear friends came to visit from another state last month.  She could hardly believe I was serious about this latest trend UNTIL she got back to her state walked into the store and first thing she saw was….yep.   We laughed for 2 solid minutes when she called on her cell.

I guess we found this odd because the grocery store is the PERFECT place to meet the PERFECT eligible man (a man who cooks **wink wink nudge nudge**).

Over the last year I’ve seen everything from a green hoodie, white leggings with pink tulips and bunnie slippers to a yellow camisole, purple M.C. Hammer pants with grandpa slippers.  Some looked not bad…others looked ridiculous! RE-DIC-YOU-LESS cause ya ain’t catching a man you’d want in a get-up like that!

Although I may now consider investing in THESE as the next WHAT TO WEAR!

pjs.jpg

UPDATE 12/12/07  Ladies, ladies…. alert alert…I kid you not! At school pick up I saw it! Yellow as the sun PJ shirt, brown pj pants and TWEETY YELLOW slippers…fluffy yellow slippers. The trend GROWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update 12/19/07  Come on people!  This is becoming the thing to do in our area.  I see the slippers out on the street now…BIG FLUFFIES!  We all better hurry over to this website to purchase these before they are SOLD OUT!

10 Responses to “Hot Fashion Trend Alert for Women”

1. dogslol said

hahaa, what states r those? i don’t see too much of that here in CA (Bay Area).

2. Jacki said

I don’t know about the slippers, but I’d wear my PJs EVERYWHERE if I could!! I love lounging around in sweatpants and a big cozy zip-up hoodie 🙂 Then, if I’m gonna go out, I’ll usually throw on a pair of flip-flops and a cuter, smaller hoodie with a little tank top, just in case I see any potentials! Thanks for the tip! For more daily beauty, fitness, and fashion tips from the experts, go to http://www.glamour.com/tips and register…You could also win a 3 day Spa trip for 2 to Los Angeles, airfare and hotel INCLUDED!! I work with Glamour, so I have the inside scoop 😉 I’ll see ya in the grocery store (I’ll be the one in flip-flops)!

3. thecanvasgrey said

I see this frequently in the metro Hampton Roads area of Virginia! Please be on the look out and then come back to let us know when you spot them…and you will! 😉

4. *paging Stacy and Clinton*

5. thecanvasgrey said

LOL 🙂

6. thecanvasgrey said

7. hahaha, what a great choice to revive this post for the meme. hahaha! Seriously, I think of you everytime I see a college student at Wal-Mart in her pajamas (which is, like, every Saturday).

8. AHHHAHAHHAHAHAH!! WALMART! Now that I’ve not seen YET (only the grocery)! I think you live in one of the most beautiful places and now I get to image college students in your Walmart in their PJs…rich! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA!

9. Recent trip to ER and PJs and houseshoes there are all the rage…but I’d expect it there before anywhere else.

10. Okay, it has finally hit close to home…my neighbor!!! But she looks good in them, probably because I love her!