Stop and Smell the Perspective

Posted by TheCanvasGrey on June 18, 2008

Perspective…I lost a friend to cancer last Thursday.  She and I went from 6th through 12th and then worked together at the bank for years, hung out until 1998 and then kept touch for years through cards.  I didn’t know she had been battling cancer.  So it was a shock to find out.  I can’t stop thinking about her, our times together and that she isn’t here anymore.  I’ll never get the chance to see her smile.  She lit up a room…really.

So I stop and smell the perspective as it makes me be thankful for that time I had with her, thankful for all that I have, forget about what I don’t have and remember that life is a precious gift.

12 Responses to “Stop and Smell the Perspective”

1. Mercedes said

Bless her and bless you! Life is a precious gift!

2. Mercedes said

I am Sharing the Love at my place!

3. Mer you have a heart of gold. Thanks so much. Lifting you in thought and prayer always.

4. Thanks for writing about this difficult time, Deb. I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend, but you’ve done a wonderful job of finding that perspective. I agree with Mercedes and wish many blessings on you and your family.

5. FW, thanks for your heart of gold too. I appreciate you and your prayers very much.

6. Lofter said

You’re in my prayers, my friend. Your post reminds me of a song I wrote after the passing of one of my friends… she lit up the room, too. Part of it went like this:

Reach out for your friends
    you know it’s not too late
    to cry for those you’ve lost
    or loved along the way
    and think of all the times
    she hung on every word
    and spend a little thought
    shed a little tear for her

*HUG*

7. That’s beautiful Lofter, thank you so much.

8. Angie said

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s times like this that I seem at such a loss for words that might give you comfort.You do have a wonderful perspective. Thank you for sharing and I pray I will have the same perspective. I lost a good friend many years ago, I wish I had had your wisdom then. You are as always an inspiration, even in your grief.

I join the others in prayers and blessings for you and your family.

9. bs angel said

You are in my thoughts. If I could say something to make it all better, I would, … ❤

10. Thank you so much Angie and Angel. I truly appreciate your kind words of support and encouragement.

I’m so much better off to have known her here. I have no doubt I’ll see here there!

Thanks to all of my bloggine buddies and your wonderful, wonderful support. I’m sending it right back to you in thought and prayer. Deb

11. Goldie said

I am so sorry. It makes one want to hug a little more, and make sure the last words we say to our loved ones every day are good words, you know?
    Prayers for you and for her family.

12. Thanks Goldie, you are so right, never part in anger.