Good Night, Sleep Tight

Posted by TheCanvasGrey on September 27, 2008

And pleasant dreams to you!

My Dad passed away last month.  Even when it is their time and they’ve lived a good, long life it still is difficult.  In more ways than I can explain.

We were a Lawrence Welk family, pizza every Saturday night with pleasant singing and dancing, nothing too risky for children; just simple melodies with great harmony.  I’ve sung this song a million times to my kids at bedtime.  Big Boy is almost ten and Young Son is five and they still love hearing it.  It is comforting, lovely and satisfying to know that someone who loves them sings this into their ears until they fall asleep.

I’d like to dedicate this post to Dad.  I was blessed to have him in my life.  He taught me so much.  I’m so thankful he knew how much I loved him. I wonder if he knows how much I miss him.  I hope he knows that I’ll see him again.

Good night, sleep tight and pleasant dreams to you.

Here’s a wish and a prayer that every dream comes true.

Although it’s always sweet sorrow to part.

You know you’ll always remain in my heart.

Good night, sleep tight and pleasant dreams to you.

Here’s a wish and a prayer that every dream comes true.

And now till we meet again, adios, au revoir, auf Wiedersehen, good night.

15 Responses to “Good Night, Sleep Tight”

1. Angie said

Oh, my heart aches for you.No matter how ill they are, we still cry for ourselves..our loss. We miss them. I lost my parents in 91 and 93 and there are still days I almost go to the phone to share something with them. Most of the time when my siblings and I are together(rarely but for one, we all live in different states) we laugh at the many good memories that are forever in our hearts.

Know you are in my prayers.

What a beautiful way and a lovely sound for your children to hear before they go to sleep. How blessed they are!

Love and hugs

2. Bev said

My heart goes out to you and your family. My Dad died over
    25 years ago and I still miss him.
    Keep all the happy memories flowing.
    Live Laugh Love
    Bev

3. Hugs to you Angie and Bev, you know, thank you both for your lovely words!

4. Kim said

The pain of the loss of a loved one gets duller as time passes but never really goes away. I still think about how things would be different if Dad was still here. Mom of course misses him the most her life partner, love of her life, compainion. I think it harder to see her miss him on a daily basis knowing the love they shared for each other. Deb you are in my prayers daily….. I love you…..

5. Hugs to you. Know that he’s watching over you and your family. There will be signs. {{HUGS}}

6. This is a really nice way to remember him. May you feel comfort and strength as you mourn. Bless you.

7. Michele Reed said

Oh, Deb what a gift he gave you and your boys. I am so thankful for the you he brought into the world and I know he was so very proud of you. May the Good Lord give you all the comfort you need!

8. Thanks Kim love you too!

R thanks, you are soooo right. I’ve been overwhelmed with signs, no doubts! Hugs to you too!

Thanks FW, it does help and I do feel strengthened through mourning. Thanks for your blessing and I send it back 10 fold!

Michele, I’m glad you are in my life too! God is GOOD!

9. High hopes said

Hi Deb,

I have been away from the computer for a bit and came over to check out your blog and saw this entry.

Sorry to hear about your loss, it is never easy whatever the age. I lost my grandpa on New Years Eve and I has been difficult. So hugs to you!

10. Goldie said

Oh Deb, I’m so sorry. What a beautiful post, it brought a lump to my throat. Such sweet memories. You were very lucky to have each other. I pray that will give you & your family some comfort.

Glad you are back, I have missed you.

11. Thanks HH and my condolences to you too. HUGS

Thanks Goldie! I’ve missed catching up on everyone. Just before Dad passed away I had started a new job, then school started and I’m just now starting to get my balance back again. Hugs to you!

Hopefully I’ll be catching up with everyone soon, lots of reading to do!

12. RaNdOm!!!!!

I can’t get to your blog any longer??? Send me an email when you can canvasgrey@hotmail.com

Hugs to you girl!

13. Just sent you an email 🙂

14. emily said

wow i could not believe when i read this post. i am 18 and my daddy died when i was two. He always used to sing this song to me and it is how i remember him. I often sing myself to sleep at night and think of him. I can’t wait until i have children and can sing them to sleep with this song.

15. shawna clark said

It’s been so long Deb, I’d love to hear from you soon. Thought I’d check site to see if you were still doing it.