Always and forever…

Posted by TheCanvasGrey on November 24, 2008

There is always and forever a reason to be thankful.

Always a way to say I what I dare,

Alway a way to show that I care,

Always a way to know and to share.

There is always and forever a reason to be grateful.

Always a way to say it to others,

Always a way to show it to mothers,

Always a way to know between brothers.

There is always and forever a reason to celebrate.

Always a way to say that you knew.

Always a way to show that we miss you.

Always a way to know that our love is still true.

By me, Canvas Grey

Simple always says it best for me, the uncomplicated, genuine, thoughtful, loving, easy way.

Dedicated to Dad, we miss you but knowing that we can be thankful, grateful and  celebrate at our first Thanksgiving without you, knowing you are just on the other side.

6 Responses to “Always and forever…”

1. {{Hugs}}

2. gr8tful said

And he will be having his feast as you have yours! He will always be with you
    in your heart!! Hugs to you my dear friend, I will be praying for you!!

3. Angie said

Thanks for sharing with us CG. Lovely thoughts.

I lost my parents in 91 and 93. There is not a holiday that they are not thought of and missed. When I talk with my sisters and brother(across the miles) that is left we celebrate the good stories about them and share a lot of laughter. That is what they would want and yes, he will always be with you.
    You are now making memories with your family, and I know they will be rich.
    love and hugs,

4. Goldie said

that was beautiful. thank you for reminding us of what is important.

5. Lofter said

Very well done, my friend… very well indeed. 🙂

6. High hopes said

That was beautiful! On Dec 31st, my granddad will have been gone a year.