I AM AS I UNDERSTAND.
Archive for the ‘Dancing’ Category
Posted by TheCanvasGrey on June 9, 2012
Posted in Appreciation, Awareness, Dancing, Dreams, Family, Figuring it out, Fun, Glow, Grow, Health, Hope, Humor, Learn, Life, Love, Nature, Religion, Spirituality, Stress, thankfulness, Think about it, Trends, Truth | Leave a Comment »
Posted by TheCanvasGrey on July 18, 2008
A very dear person sent this to me and I HAD to share!
For over 7 years, Regina Brett was a columnist at The Beacon
Journal in Akron, Ohio. During that time, she was diagnosed
and successfully treated for breast cancer. Regina is now a
columnist for The Plain Dealer in Cleveland, Ohio. Her
column runs on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday.
Lessons in Life By Regina Brett:
‘To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life
taught me. It is the most requested column I’ve ever written.
My odometer rolls over to 50 this week, so here’s an update:’
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others’ You have no idea
what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t
worry; God never blinks.
16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or
get busy dying.
17. You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the
second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life,
don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy
lingerie . Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In
five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone, everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick.
Your friends will. Stay in touch.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of
anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone
else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
42. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
45. The best is yet to come.
46. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
47. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
48. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
50. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly…
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass.
It’s about learning to dance in the rain.
And thanks to Bev is who sends me the best dancing videos:
Can you dance like a first grader? This will make you cheer! She’s just soo cute!
Posted by TheCanvasGrey on February 13, 2008
There is NOTHING more beautiful than people focusing on their gifts, talents, ABILITIES!
Please watch this video, you will NOT be disappointed!
Thanks Bev, for another amazing video.
Posted by TheCanvasGrey on November 28, 2007
Thanks so much to BEV for providing the link for your viewing enjoyment!
This is cool!
Posted by TheCanvasGrey on November 25, 2007
I’ve looked high and low. I’ve tried ALL the video post sites. YouTube won’t let me upload because of the file type or restrictions. I would LOVE to post what you sent me for everyone to see but I’m just too technically challenged (I guess). Thanks for sharing with me. I wish I could share with everyone.
Thanks so much!
**Bev sent me an AWESOME video of a blue tube dancing around. At first I thought it was some type of animation. I don’t want to tell everything because I’m wondering if any other readers have seen this OR know where I could link to for our collective viewing pleasure OR could suggest how I could get a video into YouTube (or somewhere else) without sending along the software it was recorded on… ha…I think the first two would be easiest. It is very creative and I REALLY appreciate Bev sharing it with me…so thoughtful!**
Posted by TheCanvasGrey on November 6, 2007
Can you believe this?
Posted by TheCanvasGrey on October 31, 2007
This is the same guy that I posted earlier. I just keep watching this video and marveling over his style and wondered if there was more out there about him. Then I found the following and knew I was watching genius.
Expressing oneself through dance is an art form. This young man is an artist extraordinaire. He is part illusionist, dancer, impressionist, and gymnist (note: he knows that wearing horizonal lines “highlight” his moves). IMO this is what genius looks like in this genre.
I am anxious to see when he has real money backing him because he is really more incredible than one can see in these grainy videos and low cost productions.
He’s only 18 and his name is Phillip Chbeeb.
Posted in Appreciation, Awareness, Dancing, Dreams, Fun, Glow, Grow, Hope, Learn, Life, Trends | Tagged: artist, dance, Dancing, genius, gymnist, hip hop, illusionist, impressionist, pop, trend, Trends | Leave a Comment »
Posted by TheCanvasGrey on October 19, 2007